Subject: Re: Valid RSS, take two
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2003-04-28

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Mark Bright wrote:

> On 23-apr, we see at entry 1 (and 2,3,4) : Björn Stenberg committed...
> on 20-apr, we se in Entry 1 (and 3) : J#%F6;rn questioned ...
> As far as I can tell on the Web page digest, both name have the same
> character (ö), but one displays correctly - the other does not. Looking at
> the rss page (which yes, IE. is now able to find and display) the raw text
> shows the same character (and lack of) -so it does seem that the script is
> failing somewhere....?

Yeah, those two names are written differently in my source file, as I have a
macro for Björn (since he appears so often!) but not for Jörn.

The #%F6; thing was my attempt at making it XML-compliant, while Björn's ö is
a HTMLized ö. Mozilla complains on the XML when the latter is present...

I'll fix them both soon.

Thanks for all the feedback.

 Daniel Stenberg -- --