Subject: RE: Valid RSS, take two
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-04-28

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Chris Holt wrote:

> >maybe Trillian doesn't handle html in feeds.
>
> While they might work in some readers, I don't see them in the RSS spec.
> I also fail to see the requirement for them, since it's an outline format
> by default. They are completely redundant in this case. IMHO

I think I'll have to assume that RSS readers do understand HTML within the
<description> tags, as otherwise it'll make it a lot harder for me to write
this. I like being able to embed links (hrefs) all over like now, and I also
like to "collect" multiple sub-items within the date-oriented items, which I
can't understand how I would do otherwise.