Subject: Re: What function loads a .lang file?

Re: What function loads a .lang file?

From: TP Diffenbach <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:28:38 -0400

Quoting Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>:

> TP Diffenbach wrote:
> > How often will a user remove a .lang file he has been using enough to
> > have saved configs in? "I hereby renounce my native country and its
> > despicable langauge! Hever able shall I speak my mother tongue!"
>
> Think of this case then: Joe User decides to try Rockbox, saves all his
> settings in a .cfg file and after that decides to use his native
> language. Then he has to do it all over again.

Nope. One of the first things the config load code does is to load the language that the config file specifies. /Before/ and translatable configs are read.

> Then think of config files going invalid because someone corrects a
> translation. Frustrating for the user, to say the least.

Now this is a real objection. Point taken. But what happens in the english.lang string is changed? Same thing, except I guess we don't ever change the english.lang file except to add to it. But let's note that by writing configs, we've locked ourselves into an english.lang that cannot be modified without consequences for all users.

> > #Repeat mode options: one of "off", "all", "one" Repeat Mode: all

> This I like.

You like it? Please, you're shocking me. ;-)

--
Archos FM needs a Rockbox!