Subject: Unlocking the full features of the MAS chip
From: Gonz (gonzini_at_freenet.co.uk)
Date: 2003-04-29

Hi
 Try this, with the original archos firmware, dont think it will work with
rockbox as it wouldnt be coded i would imagine.
This worked on my FM20 recorder, though i didnt feed it with copy protected
SPDIF anyway.
Cheers
Gonz

Getting around the Copy protection of firmware 1.21d for the Recorder and
for the Multimedia player firmwares

1 Hit the menu button to go into the menu
2 Go into the change artist mode
3 If there is an artist name there remove it by hitting the delete key until
it is gone
4 Put in the following as the new artists name: HFSCMSOFF
5 Press enter
You should get a screen stating that SCMS is off