Subject: Re: Make better use of user drive spin-ups
From: Brent Geery (
Date: 2003-04-29

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 01:23:25 +0200, Linus Nielsen Feltzing
<> wrote:

> Brent Geery wrote:
> > Would it really? I've never noticed that! I guess, making it
> > configurable would make everyone happy.
> Except me. I'd have to code it. :-)
> Actually, it would be pretty easy to accomplish. I'll look into it.

hehe. Yes, we do sometimes forget about you poor programmers. ;)
Thanks for taking the time to look at the issue.

> > Filling the MPEG buffer during other HD accesses is still probably a
> > good idea though. If it saves 10% of the spin-ups, it can have a
> > noticeable effect on the battery life.
> When I use my Jukebox, it plays music in my pocket, all by itself. This
> option wouldn't save any batteries for me.

I sometimes manage that, but I find myself toying with it. It's too
dan neat to stop messing with. I really love my new JBR. Big
improvement over the Player, to me (especially the new black bumpers
and face.)

BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info Voted #87 - American Film Institute's Top 100 Funniest American Films