Subject: Re: Brute force bug hunt
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-04-29

Björn Stenberg said:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm now launching a brute force attack on the red led dead bug. I have
> built four firmware files for the recorder, from snapshots of the CVS
> code from october'02 through january'03. These are:
>
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/r0210.ajz
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/r0211.ajz
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/r0212.ajz
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/r0301.ajz
>
> Please, everyone who has the red led dead problem, download these and
> try to find which version introduces the bug. I will then make four new
> builds, one per week, and so on until we track down exactly which code
> modification is at fault.

For the time period mentioned, the FM was not stable enough to use. It was
late January 2003 at the earliest, maybe February before we got the
fundamental issues on FM sorted. The firmwares in the email are for
recorder only, not FM. If those fixes don't find a problem, then maybe
later builds may be worth looking at.

For me personally, red led and silent play have been issues since day 1.
Day 1 for me is Jan 13th when I got my FM, and subsequently started
looking at Rockbox a week or so later.

--
Mike Holden