Subject: RE: Single play mode
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer_at_gci.com)
Date: 2003-04-30

Gonz writes:
> Sure that some cd players and some md players ive played with had this
> function, maybe im wrong...still think it would be a good
> function to have,

The Denon CD decks that we use (think clubs, radio stations, theatres)
all have the option for play one+pause. This is an emulation of
the cart-deck systems used at radios for the past few decades..

This is especially usefully for queue-based sounds or effects.

[
 "Sound Q 23, go":

   press play, the sound runs, then pauses at the next song
]

I had to search for quite a while to find a similar system that ran
under Windows, and was seriously considering writing my own until I
finally did.

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s