Subject: eager beginner, not many skills
From: slevin01_at_wesleyan.edu
Date: 2003-05-01

hey there, my name is sara and i am on the verge of
being overwhelmed by my new archos 20 gig fm recorder,
but i am really trying to master it. i unpacked
rockbox onto it, but haven't transferred any music yet
cuz i wanted to clarify a couple of things.

a) still not possible to record with rockbox, right?
should i do the rolo thing so i can switch to the
archos firmware if i for some reason really really
need to record fm? is it possible to switch back to
rockbox from archos WITHOUT a pc, as after tomorrow i
will no longer have access to a quality pc to change
things.

b) what about charging the recorder in other countries
(i'm in the us now, but am going to italy, france,
spain, and greece this summer. lots of train travel
and hostel stays...is it a bad idea to expect to be
able to charge it over there without bad things
happening?

c) i'm thinking about getting an iriver 195 instead to
be able to change the battery easily and have a more
mobile size and weight. any input?

thanks for any info you can offer!

sara