Subject: Re: Single play mode
From: Paul van der Heu (pvdh_at_xs4all.nl)
Date: 2003-05-01

>>I think a single play mode would make rockbox more accessable for
>>ease of use, most MD and CD players offer this as standard.

>Really? I have never seen a single device with a "play single track"
>option. Repeat single, yes, but not play single.

This function is quite common on 'professional' CD and MD decks. It
usually also uses 'auto cue' which searches the beginning of a track
for a minimum pre-set audio level and pauses on that

It's usual operation is:
   user selects a track
   auto cue on that track
   user hits play
   play track
   auto cue on next track

The AJB would instantly become a great sample and sound effects
player. You could also DJ with two devices or add the AJB to your DJ
setup.

If implementable it would IMO make a great feature for RockBox..

Paul