Subject: RE: Single play mode
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer_at_gci.com)
Date: 2003-05-01

Jean Boullier writes:
> To summarise, for DJ-like operations we need three new settings :
> 1. "Play single mode", or "Pause after track" : "Yes", "No"
> 2. "Skip silence" : "No", "Leading", "Trailing", "Both"
> 3. "Silence threshold" : "-xxx dB"
>
> Would that cover it all ?

I think that at a minimum we need 1, and I'm preferential to
the 'pause after track (with queue set to next track)' than
just a 'play single mode (and stop)'. the auto-off timer
works great while the jb is in pause mode..

2 and 3 are somewhat nice, but less important than 1.

Of 2, trailing silence is more benificial

for 3, not only a minimum dB, but also a time threshold,
so that if the sound is below the mimimum for X time, then
the action is taken.. (think songs with fake endings, or
multiple gunshot/cannon f/x with pauses in between..)

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s