Subject: RE: Single play mode and feature bloat
From: Holger Lembke (holger_at_hlembke.de)
Date: 2003-05-02

> Personally my main usage is as a jukebox music player plugged in my
> stereo, some kind of personal radio which always plays something I
> like but also leaves the surprise of what will be playing next.

For me, a very basic subset would be enough:

- play this playlist
- random play throu a folder and its subfolders
- record a note (i would love to use it as a dictaphone)
  (without too loose my current play mode/state)
- very smart turn on/turn off mode (to continue where it was turned off)

I could live happy with a solution that only can do this. And load a 'full
rockbox' on demand.

And I have the feeling, that this would meet the demands of lots of
'silent' users.

On the other hand: i don't care much what the 'active developers' do as
long as it gives me a better rockbox. Let the volunteers have their fun...
:-)

--
Holger Lembke    Keep your Mailbox SPAM free:
+49-531-334676   Disruptor OL http://disruptor.de/