Subject: Re: New Menu Design
From: Stevie-O (stevie_at_qrpff.net)
Date: 2003-05-03

c s wrote:

> Really??? It seems that the functionality that you
> have described should all fit nicely in settings.c and
> the 8 *_menu.c files. What are you doing that requires
> touching files other than those?

I didn't really check details, I just did a diff and

grep -c "^---"

I could be completely wrong, I didn't really think too much about the details.
The stuff's on my machine at work (I'm writing this from home), I'll pull it
down and double-check my stuff...

> You need to provide a player version anyway. Any
> drastic menu logic change has to fly on all three
> platforms or it will stick us with the nightmare of
> having to maintain two different sets of menu and
> settings ifdef'd code segments. The current one set of
> functions is already very cumbersome when it comes to
> adding a new setting. If you plan to propose adding
> something that more than doubles the number of code
> segments that have to be changed in order to add a new
> setting, that would be VERY undesirable.

Actually, there's nothing in my patch that should prevent it from working on
Players; I was really just too lazy to make yet another build dir and configure
a Player Makefile :P

Cheq it out at:

        http://www.qrpff.net/~stevie/rockbox/menutest2-player.mod

--
- Stevie-O

Real Programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE