Subject: Re: Charging problem in v. 2.0 for Archos Jukebox Recorder
From: Tom Cole (tcole_at_xtra.co.nz)
Date: 2003-05-03

What's your "Disk Poweroff" option set to? (F1/ General
Settings/System).

I set mine to "Yes" and noticed much longer battery life.

Also, I believe that the percentage shown is derived from the voltage of
the batteries. After a boot, which involves a fair amount of disk
activity, the voltage will be depressed, showing a reduced percentage.
When the batteries have recovered the percentage shown will be higher.

Also after use, the unit may be warmer, boosting the efficiency of the
batteries.

Another factor may be that the batteries are making poor contact because
of a weak spring or dirty contacts.

--
Tom Cole
Lower Hutt