Subject: Re: FM presets
From: TP Diffenbach (rockbox_at_diffenbach.org)
Date: 2003-05-04

Quoting Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>:

> Mike Holden wrote:
> > Now that I think about it a bit more, I'm not sure it is! There were a
> > couple of reasons initially that I had in mind, but I'm not sure either
> of
> > them are valid any more!
>
> Good! :-)
>
> How about "/.rockbox/default.fmr" as the default file name?
>
> Linus

For those who suppress filename extensions in the directory display, do we risk confusion with any other file named default?

What about "fm-preset.default.fmr"?

On a related matter, knowing how so many persons have so many ideas for various different interfaces, might it make sense, Linus, for you to provide a set of FM API functions primitives, which anyone might construct an FM interface in terms of?

Something like:
typedef long fm_frequency_absolute ;
typedef int fm_frequency_relative ;
typedef int fm_frequency_strength ;
enum fm_seek_direction { fm_frequnecy_back, fm_frequency_forward } ;

fm_frequency_absolute fm_get_current_frequency( void ) ;
bool fm_seek_to_abs_frequency( fm_frequency_absolute ) ;
bool fm_seek_relative( fm_frequency_direction, fm_frequency_relative ) ;
bool fm_play( void ) ;
bool fm_stop( void ) ;
fm_frequency_absolute fm_find_next_station(
  fm_frequency_direction, fm_frequency_strength threshold );

Just a suggestion, of course.
--Tom--
Archos FM needs^H^H^H^H^H has a Rockbox!