Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox "talkbox"
From: Christopher Duncan Jones (jonesc5_at_cc.wwu.edu)
Date: 2003-05-07

ds2list wrote:

>I'll try to put the menu feature into the next build.

coolness.

>Since this is a feature that a lot of people will not desire,
>and therefore is probably unlikely to be included in the main
>Rockbox tree, I'll put patches and builds up on my website.

oh come on - who *wouldn't* want dick clark or someone calling out
button presses and such? lol

>Also, I also failed to mention that the feature currently disables
>repeat mode. If not for this, when you entered a directory, the
>directory name would play over and over and over again... until
>you play another song.

lol - good call.

>I would think that verbal button presses should be easy,
>as long as the requisite files are in the right place.

Presumably for button press voices, the voice files could be at
top-level directory all together?

>wouldn't it be funny if we could have Rockbox "voice-themes" for
>that? (i.e.: 1-800-dentist lady, Troy McClure, Politicians, or
>best of all: Casey Kasem!) All you need is a friend who can
>do really good voice impersonations!)

omg - that'd be totally awesome! lmao...

Did you say whether or not your mod works for the player as well, or is
it only for the recorder?

thanks a bunch,

cdj