Subject: Re: Archos Battery Voltage issue?
From: Michael O'Quinn (michael_at_oquinn.info)
Date: 2003-05-07

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Alan C wrote:

> I tried looking through the Debugger Battery readings as well. The
> battery voltage charge fell between a low of 4.78 to a high of 5.03
> during this period.

That seems kind of low. Do you mean that at full charge it was 5.03, and
then later when you started developing problems (at 50%) it showed 4.78?
My player has been on the charger all day; I just took it off and it's
showing 5.64 volts.

When I first bought it, it had a problem where if the batteries got too
low, it wouldn't charge them. I quickly (day after I bought it) returned
to the store and exchanged it for this one, which has worked flawlessly.

Maybe it's a charging problem? The symptoms you describe -- including the
raw voltages -- might indicate batteries that start out not fully charged.
How many hours of playing do you get before this happens?

You might try charging the batteries overnight in a separate NiMh charger,
then testing to see how long you can use the unit before the batteries
poop out. That should tell you if it's a charging problem, or something
else.

Michael