Subject: Archos 6000 usb hell
From: fifth hand (fifthand_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 2003-05-07

Hello,

Please help me. I am having major issues with my new Archos 6000 (firm
4.53) with Rockbox 2.0 (though I'm sure that is not the prob). The usb
drivers I have been able to find, both the xp and 98 version, are VERY
unstable. Frequently, the Archos will crash/reboot the system when I power
it up or install the drivers. If the system is restarted the Archos almost
always shows "unable to start, code 10" If I go to the Add Hardware Wiz. I
am to the point that I have to completely uninstall then reinstall the
drivers every time I need to get into the Archos. I have searched the Web
to try to find other drivers but so far no go. I read on a page somewhere
that there are third party drivers that work but the site did not list them.
  Do you know these third parties? Thanks to all. Brief specs: Epox
8RDA+(Nforce2), Win XP w/sp1(home) Thank you for any responce.