Subject: Re: I promise I'll never update again. I need help (Archos 6000)
From: Jean Boullier (jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr)
Date: 2003-05-07

Never say never... 8-)

Well, while you are stuck on the Archos firmware go to the settings menu
and run
- Diagnose to check your hard disk.
- Hard Disk from the same menu to check that everything seems OK again.
- Firmware (or software) to check the level of the active firmware.

Currently I can only say that renaming your archos.mod module to
something.ajz is certainly not the solution if you have a player...

Now, if you could detail what happens simply and precisely that would
help e.g;
1. Which operation is not working : booting from your new module, or
2. If connecting to the PC is working fine, do you see a file Archos.mod
on your root directory ? If yes, which size and timestamp?

Come back with all this info and we will see where we go from there.
Read you soon. Jean.