Subject: Re: I promise I'll never update again. I need help (Archos 6000)
From: Bengt Ritover (
Date: 2003-05-07

If you updated using XP it doesn't do a very good job of deleting the old
file. When you try to re-boot your jukebox it then sees multiple versions
of the same file, gets confused and then boots up from the firmware in ROM.
There is a programme called Directory Snoop available as trialware which
will scan your disk and allow you to completely delete the files. There was
a discussion either here or on regarding this.

I had exactly the same problemand this fixed it for me.

>From: Jean Boullier <>
>Subject: Re: I promise I'll never update again. I need help (Archos 6000)
>Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 08:42:50 +0200
>After sending my previous answer to your post I have discovered that other
>users seem to have problems with the very latest builds. Something seems to
>have run wrong in the "factory"...
>Try to install the build dated 20030504 instead and check that if runs
>Good luck. Jean.
>fifth hand wrote:
>>Hello Again,
>>I promise I will never update or mess with the .mod file ever again but
>>please just help me get it to work again. Anyway, I had Rockbox ver 2.0
>>on my 6000 (firm 4.53) working just fine. Well, I "thought" I would try
>>one of the new daily versions but it never took (reverts to rom firm) and
>>now when I try to get the old 2.0 one on it won't take either. I really
>>love this firmware so I want it back. I have tried to rename it to .ajz
>>to see if that could trick it (I think it did once before) but still no
>>love. Someone please help me. And if it goes I promise I'll leave it be.
>> Thanks much and any reply is appreciated.
>>Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8, you can filter it out