Subject: Need help: Strange Noise heard while charging a Studio 10 with version 2.0
From: TimMaria HodgeMuni (mtgoldwing2001_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2003-05-09

Hello,
I just installed Rockbox firmware for the first time
(ver 2.0).
I love the improvements!
So far everything has worked great.

However, I attempted to charge the batteries for the
first time following the Rockbox installation. I now
hear a strange "buzzing" noise while it is charging.
It did not make this sound before (I charged them 2
days ago). The noise is coming from the player not
the power supply.

It doesn't sound like a normal hard-drive spin-up
sound, it's something different.

Any ideas what this might be?

The batteries are the originals (1500 mah) and have
always provided great battery life.

Thanks for a great product!

Tim Hodge