Subject: Re: Auto-sync files
From: Jim Morgan (peripatetic_at_myrealbox.com)
Date: 2003-05-09

At 06:58 PM 5/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> > The iPod has a nice feature where as soon as you plug in to the
> > computer, it automatically synchronizes the iPod with the PC. So for
> > example if you rip or download some songs on the PC they would magically
> > appear in the mp3 player next time you plugged in.

Another alternative - bound to be an unpopular one in here - is to use
xcopy. It isn't perfect, but it comes with windows and it can be tweaked
with command line parameters to copy only the changed files etc. eg,
assuming that your jukebox mounts on j:

         xcopy c:\music\ j:\music\ /D /S /Y

Put this into a batch file, eg. updatejb.bat. To make this run
automatically, I think all you'd need to do is put an autorun.inf file on
the root of the drive. The file needs to contain the following lines:

[autorun]
open=updatejb.bat
icon=whatever.ico

Also, you need to make sure Autorun is turned on for the jukebox drive.

Jim