Subject: Re: We surrender!!!
From: TP Diffenbach (rockbox_at_diffenbach.org)
Date: 2003-05-09

Quoting Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>:

> People have been whining and bitching about the 400-file limit for
> months. We are tired. Very tired.

> where AVERAGE_FILENAME_SIZE is 34 bytes

Betcha' people will start bitching about average filename size not being configurable. ;-)

(As it happens my average filename is closer to 100 characters/bytes, maxing out at 128. But as it also happens, my directories don't contain many files. I think 88 is the most, and the average is probabably closer to 25.)

--
Archos FM has a Rockbox! Thanks Linus!