Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: new talkbox builds: player/recorder/fm-recorder
From: Michael O'Quinn (michael_at_oquinn.info)
Date: 2003-05-12

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Laurent Burgbacher wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > Talkbox now builds for the Player, Recorder, and the FM Recorder.
>
> This feature is very cool, but my opinion is that it could be cooler, if the
> description was played when we are "on" the repertory name, not "in" the
> repertory. Because now, we have to enter each directory to know its content.
> Also, a description for each menu item would permit a very simple use in
> car, or for the blind people.
> What do you think about that ?

I agree on both counts.

This is an awesome enhancement, and I am very appreciative of ds2lists
efforts. (For that matter, the same goes for the entire RockBox project
and all those involved.) But mp3-izing the menus and the directories when
the cursor falls on them would turn this into a Major Killer Feature.

Just wondering, can an i-Pod do any of this? Talking menus and direcory
navigation, I mean.

Again, thanks to all who have contributed to this wonderful project.

Michael