Subject: Compiled Talkbox and bookmarks for the player?
From: Aman Singer (aman_at_asinger.net)
Date: 2003-05-13

Hi, All.
        I'm trying to do something somewhat difficult, at least for one
with my limited technical knowledge. I wish to have two patches to
Rockbox compiled into one package for the player. These are the Talkbox
functionality which will speak directories and the bookmark
functionality put forward as a patch.
        I have two problems in doing this. First, I have no .dif file
for the Talkbox function. However, this is coming soon, and shouldn't be
a problem for long. Further, the .dif file I have for the bookmark
feature is dated April 9. How would this file work if I were to get a
CVS release today? Since it chronicles the differences between the
release and itself, wouldn't it role the release back, thus breaking
something? I haven't used dif or patch before, so please forgive the
foolish question.
        My second problem is more serious. I'm using win32 and can't
install Sigwin on this system. I do, however, have access to a UNIX
shell through SSH. This should work, if I install the compiler,
shouldn't it? If not, is there any way to get the compiler to work in XP
without Sigwin?
        Thanks for any help in advance.
        Aman