Subject: RE: Problem with different charger (not in FAQ)

RE: Problem with different charger (not in FAQ)

From: Maximilian Laurenz <max_at_slmedien.de>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:52:57 +0200

No no, the cable broke on the old charger. The new one charges, but JB
continuously shows "Battery charging..." and never "Battery charged" (which
it did with the original charger), so JB doesn't stop charging not matter
how long I plug in the charger. Polarity is correct. I normally unplugged it
after 8 hours or so. I will have a look at the voltage...

Greets,
Max

-----------------
Hello Maximilian,

Maximilian Laurenz wrote on Wednesday, May 14, 2003, 1:49:07 PM:

ML> I have the Studio 20 (first USB 1.1 version) and had to replace the
charger.
ML> The new one has 9V/900mA output. It worked well for about a year now but
ML> since I use this charger, Jukebox does not show the "Battery charged"

The old charger or the replacement charger worked well for a year?

ML> message, no matter how long I connect the charger. I replaced the
ML> original[...]

You did make sure the polarity is correct, I assume? It may be
that wrong polarity doesn't destroy the AJB but simply means that it
is not charging.

If this is not the case, can you connect a voltage meter between
charger and AJB and measure the voltage *when it's charging*?

Bye, Uwe.