Subject: Re: remote control problem
From: Tjerk Schuringa (
Date: 2003-05-14

--- Mourad Jaber <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using the 20030508 cvs version on jb 20 and remote control work for
> play stop pause feature but fw and rw doesn't seem to work, the
> backlight light but it does nothing...
> It was the same with some previews cvs version.
> Is it my remote out of order or is it a tiny bug into rockbox?
> Thanks
> Mourad

Did you check it with the original firmware? If you can get a scope you can
observe the bitpattern your remote puts out. These can be found in the rockbox
archives, message called "remocon clone" dated 2001-12-10 written by guess
who... It is odd though, if it is a timing problem you'd expect trouble with
<STOP> and <PLAY>. All of this assuming of course you are using a remote
intended for AJB6 (but I don't think Archos has changed it)

Do you Yahoo!?