Subject: Problem with different charger (not in FAQ)
From: Maximilian Laurenz (
Date: 2003-05-14

I have the Studio 20 (first USB 1.1 version) and had to replace the charger.
The new one has 9V/900mA output. It worked well for about a year now but
since I use this charger, Jukebox does not show the "Battery charged"
message, no matter how long I connect the charger. I replaced the original
batteries with the second set from the package a few weeks ago. Some days
ago I forgot to disconnect the charger for about 48 hours. JB still showed
"Batteries charging...". When I turned the unit on, the battery indicator
displayed low battery power and the unit stopped and hung up in the middle
of playback after 1-15 minutes, just as it happens when battery power is
very low. I know this a lot of parameters (new batteries, long charge,
different charger), but maybe there is a known problem hidden somewhere.

Ah, I do use the original 5.07a firmware.

|-- Maximilian Laurenz
|-- S&L Mediengruppe