Subject: Re: Problem with different charger (not in FAQ)
From: Uwe Freese (
Date: 2003-05-14

Hello Maximilian,

Maximilian Laurenz wrote on Wednesday, May 14, 2003, 1:49:07 PM:

ML> I have the Studio 20 (first USB 1.1 version) and had to replace the charger.
ML> The new one has 9V/900mA output. It worked well for about a year now but
ML> since I use this charger, Jukebox does not show the "Battery charged"

The old charger or the replacement charger worked well for a year?

ML> message, no matter how long I connect the charger. I replaced the
ML> original[...]

You did make sure the polarity is correct, I assume? It may be
that wrong polarity doesn't destroy the AJB but simply means that it
is not charging.

If this is not the case, can you connect a voltage meter between
charger and AJB and measure the voltage *when it's charging*?

Bye, Uwe.