Subject: Re: Archos firmware sound vs Rockbox
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2003-05-15

Hello markspooner,

markspooner_at_ntlworld.com wrote on Thursday, May 15, 2003, 12:11:23 PM:

mnc> I posted comments about this on funmp3players forum, but at the
mnc> request of linus have moved it here.

mnc> This is of course completely subjective and only my views. And as
mnc> it takes time to switch between firmware a true a/bing was more
mnc> difficult and likely to be incorrect.

mnc> Any comments appreciated.

I don't think that it is possible that the same IC sounds different
with the same settings. I think it would be good if you make a "blind
test". I mean, a friend of yours starts playing music with original
firmware or Rockbox, and you tell him which one you think to hear.

Bye, Uwe.