Subject: Re: Line In Port on JB 6000
From: c s (
Date: 2003-05-15

--- scout <> wrote:
> The Line-In port on the JB 6000 doesn't do anything.
> I assume since the original Player & Recorder used
> the same chasis,
> Archos's engineers just added the port on the Player
> knowing they'ed use
> on the Recorder and won't have to change parts.

Actually the line in port on the Player does do
*something*. On the original firmware there is a
setting option that either passes audio on the line in
port through to the output port, or turns the pass
through off. I'm not sure what good this feature does
you, but line in port is more than just an unused
connection on the Player and it is controlable to some
extent from the firmware.

Do you Yahoo!?