Subject: Re: Rejected ideas
From: c s (
Date: 2003-05-15

--- Blue Chip <> wrote:
> It has struck me that there are any number of ideas
> which work exactly as
> intended which are (for probably very valid reasons)
> rejected from the
> official build list.
> Is there a repository of these un-included code
> snippetts?
> For example, I saw "auto-power down for car use",
> now I have no idea if
> this will be accepted or not. But, for the sake of
> an example...
> Let us presume that it will be rejected.
> Let us next also that it is a feature which *I*
> would like.
> Now, I have the skills required to type 'make', will
> there be somewhere I
> can download this rejected code so that *I* may use
> it?

I am the author of the car ignition auto stop
function. That patch was just submitted at the
beginning of this week, so I don't know if the project
admins have had a chance to look at it yet, but since
I have received several requests, I have made a
compiled version available on my web site at

For other patches where the developer doesn't provide
a compiled executable, if you have a Rockbox
development environment setup you can download the
patch file and use the Linux "patch" command to apply
it to your copy of the source code so that you can
compile your own executable.

To apply a patch you just execute the patch command
like this:

patch -p0 < xxxxx.patch

                 ...from the top directory of your
source code tree, where xxxxx.patch is the patch file
that you download from the patch tracker page.

Check the man page for the patch command for more
details on using patch files.

Do you Yahoo!?