Subject: Re: slow file copy
From: Magnus Holmgren (lear_at_algonet.se)
Date: 2003-05-16

Jonah, Jim wrote:

> None of the drives show more than 2% fragmentation.
>
> In this case the file is about 140 megs. (converted audio book). It copied
> onto the studio20 fine, but it won't copy off of it (onto win2k). After
> about 34megs it hangs. Eventually windows gives me a harddrive timeout error
> (when trying to drag copy it).

I've had the opposite happening to me; i.e., some files just plain
refused to copy to the archos. Turned out to be a USB-related problem. I
had to disconnect my USB printer, or my computer would try to send some
data to the printer. Could be worth a try to disconnect any other
USB-devices at least...

--
Magnus Holmgren