Subject: Re: Archos firmware sound vs Rockbox
From: Mark Bright (
Date: 2003-05-16

I normally leave mine set to 88... I use the volume control on the
headphone cable to regulate the volume to my ears. Anything above 92 seems
to cause distortion on louder tracks, 96 on quieter tracks. If I have it
any lower, thaen you cannot hear the music above the background noise when
walking around a busy city centre at lunchtime...