Subject: Serious problem with Rockbox
From: Jeffrey Myers (jmyers_at_goucher.edu)
Date: 2003-05-16

A few days ago, I thought Rockbox was the answer to all of my problems with
the Archos Jukebox Recorder 20. Now, I'm not so sure.

The problem is that when playing mp3s, the sound often stops about 2/3 of
the way through a selection. Then, the player goes to the next selection,
but that is silent until about 30 seconds or so into it, when the sound
returns.

This behavior occurs more often than not, i.e., on over 50% of the files
being played.

Perhaps it is because my mp3s are VBR? I used a program called vbrfix with
no change in the behavior of the Archos.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there any fix for this? Or should I just return
the Archos and get a Creative Jukebox Nomad Zen?

Thanks,
Desperate Jeff