Subject: Re: Archos firmware sound vs Rockbox

Re: Archos firmware sound vs Rockbox

From: Andre Roessel <RCS-Technik_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 09:56:15 +0200

> > You're maybe right, that Archos changes internally settings, but I
> > don't think that it is worth to spend much effort in to find out.
> > One has to use the right headphones anyway.
>
> Mark Spooner wrote in his original post that he used the same
> headphones in both tests. If Rockbox does sound inferior, I definitely
> think we should have a look at it.
When I tried Rockbox at first, I got the same feeling, that the ARCHOS sounds a liitle
better at higher volumes (fewer distortions). I spoke to myself, that this couldn.t really
be. But now, when there are others that share the same experience, maybe there is
really an issue that should be investigated.

Andre.Gruss,

Andre.