Subject: RE: Jukebox not booting (3 days after rockbox)
From: Michael O'Quinn (
Date: 2003-05-17

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Sebastien DELECRAZ wrote:

> >If you have the Jukebox OFF, then you plug in the USB it will
> >automatically then on and try to boot from the ROM (Not loading Rockbox
> >up at all) - if this fails, then it is a faulty unit!
> >
> >Sparks...
> :-(
> thanks,
> I go get my screw driver.
> SEb.

Not necessarily. The unit could be good, but have bad batteries or a bad

Do you get identical behavior with the charger connected? Do you get
normal charging indications with the charger connected and the unit
powered off?

Try removing the batteries and charging them in a Ni-Mh charger overnight.
Better yet, try a different set of Ni-Mh batteries that are known to be
good (again, after an overnight charge in a known good charger).

If the unit is still under warranty, I would consider sending it back to
Archos before taking it apart.