Subject: Add firmware to CFG settings
From: Eric Trondson-Clinger (
Date: 2003-05-17

Thought I'd run this by y'all before submitting a feature request, just in
case it's a really dumb idea. :)

My thought was to add a setting to the CFG file that specifies which AJZ/MOD
file to use. For example, I have two CFG files, one for use when I'm driving
and one that I use when I'm not driving. Since I like using Talkbox when in
the car, I thought it might be helpful to have the CFG file load that
version of the firmware automatically when I select the Car CFG file and
have my other CFG file load the other version of the firmware I have on my

Just a thought...if nobody tells me that this is a really stupid idea, I'll
submit a feature request in a few days.

Thanks again for all your hard work on Rockbox...I can't say I bought my
Recorder because of it, but I know I would have sold it by now if Rockbox
hadn't come along. You guys have done a great job!