Subject: JB Recorder - Strange wheel button behaviour with rockbox firmware
From: Timo Pährisch (timo.paehrisch_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-05-17

Hi,

I know it was an issue here on the list already a few weeks/months ago, but let me explain:

I have a Jukebox Recorder, which shows a strange button behaviour with the rockbox firmware (all versions). When I press 'down' on the button wheel rapidly, for instance when moving around in the directory list, he somehow sees a 'play' in the button sequence and enters the directory (or even opens a file). This is annoying, and only occurs with the rockbox firmware. I got the original Archos 1.27d on there, where it is definately does _not_ reproducible. Also, I did not push the buttons differently, as 'more the upper button part'.

Well, any ideas? Would be interesting to know, if somebody faces the same problem, because it's terrible to have to use the archos firmware instead of rockbox. Actually, somebody wrote he could bring his JB back, because it seemed to be a hardware problem...but I don't know.

Cheers

Tim