Subject: Re: Archos firmware sound vs Rockbox
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-05-18

Andre Roessel wrote:
> When I tried Rockbox at first, I got the same feeling, that the ARCHOS sounds a liitle
> better at higher volumes (fewer distortions). I spoke to myself, that this couldn.t really
> be. But now, when there are others that share the same experience, maybe there is
> really an issue that should be investigated.

OK. Let's try this to begin with:

http://linus.haxx.se/soundcheck1.ajz

This is for the ordinary recorder, not FM. If you have an FM recorder,
use this:

http://linus.haxx.se/soundcheck1_fm.ajz

I will not tell you what I have changed until you have tested it. I
don't want to mislead you. Just try it and tell me how it sounds
compared to the original firmware.

Linus