Subject: Re: bug: playing back long recordings
From: Martin Borus (martin_at_borus.de)
Date: 2003-05-18

Am 17 May 2003 um 22:08 hat Linus Nielsen Feltzing geschrieben:

> > The files play alright, but I can't forward into them with makes
> > them useless on the jukebox.
>
> You have to run "Update VBR file" on them. Push ON+Play when the file is
> selected in the file browser.

Hi Linus,

Alas that's no solution for me.

The files are from 300 MB to almost 2 gigabytes big.
Updating them within the jukebox takes way too long
and drains the batteries (I tried to do that once but gave up
when after 10 minutes the file was only 10% repaired.)

Fixing with the computer is also no option for me - my
PC vbrfix software fails on gigabyte files - apart from that I
normally record radio overnight to play it the next morning...

IMO VBRfix works great on small clips, but for ultralong recordings
there should be a way to ignore the VBR-info completely.

Martin