Subject: Re: Archos build quality......
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-05-18

On Sun, 18 May 2003 20:29:07 +0100, Jack wrote:
>I think it is badly designed: If I leave my AJB R in my bag, the power
>switch will get pressed by something and it will go on, wasting
>batterys. It crashes LOADS (an Unexceptable amount, but hopefuly new
>batterys will help. My current ones are screwed up), and pressing the 2
>side in causes it to reset.
>
>If it wasn't for Rockbox, i'd be really unhappy with it.

I'm curious is it really an AJBR or is it an FM Recorder? I was thinking
that you cannot get new batteries for the FM Recorder.

Perhaps you (and others who have written about this) should consider
better storage for a disk drive based device without a hardware hold
switch? I can't fathom why people would throw something so expensive
into a "bag" with other objects that could damage it or inadvertently
turn it on. Perhaps a "bag" with some additional pockets in areas less
likely to be bumped? My backpack has a pocket designed for a player that
is up high, just below the top handle and a passthrough for
headphone/remote cord. It also has several handy pockets on the front,
where I can rescue other items from the "mosh pit" of things bouncing
around in the main compartment. Things like my PDA (in it's own hard
front protective case) and it's keyboard. I'm guessing I paid less than
$20 for it at a discount store.

Chris