Subject: hissing sound with Rockbox
From: Helge Philipp (dysprosium_at_web.de)
Date: 2003-05-19

After a firmware upgrade (1.4 to 2.0, I think), I experienced a
hissing
sound that is very audible, especially when the volume is low.

I had this once before, with the original Archos' firmware, which was
remedied by using Rockbox, so I thought maybe Rockbox handles the
amplification better.

I use a Recorder with a 6GB HDD and the official Rockbox 2.0. The
problem is irrelevant of the MP3 file used, it is also audible when
nothing is played back at all.

Anyone with any ideas on what could cause this behaviour?

TIA!