Subject: Upgrade Recorder FM's HDD?
From: TP Diffenbach (rockbox_at_diffenbach.org)
Date: 2003-05-19

Having run out of space on my Archos Recorder FM 20, I want to replace the hard drive with a larger model (60GB minimum, probably 80GB maximum given prices).

Has anyone replaced an FM's HDD?
For those who have opened up a Recorder FM, is the internal layout the same as a recorder, insofar as changing the HDD is concerned?
What's involved in making the replacement?
Given that I don't solder, what's my best bet for finding someone who does? A electronics repair store? Or?
Can you recommend specific brands and models of replacement HDDs? I'm particularly interested in recommendations from owners who have replaced drives in the Archos -- what's working, or not working, for you?
But I'm also interested in specifications: 2.5 inches, 4200 rpm, are these correct? What other specs should I keep in mind?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Archos FM has a Rockbox!