Subject: diff question
From: Garrett Derner (GaryD_at_AdFreeInternet.com)
Date: 2003-05-19

Hello, I have a new-developer question.

When I make a patch, how should I do the diff? Since I am not a registered
developer, I can not use cvs diff. So I have to rename, either the old or
the new file, right?

For instance, I rename the old viewer.c to viewer1.4.c, and put it in the
same directory with my new viewer.c, then do:

 diff -u viewer1.4.c viewer.c > viewer.patch

And submit the patch, explaining in the summary that you must rename
viewer.c before you apply the patch. Is that good, or is there a preferred
way?

Garrett