Subject: More Long Recordings findings
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2003-05-19

Hope this doesn't get dull but I did another one of those long recording
tests today. I used two Archos jukeboxes 20GB with two different firmwares
for it. The recording time was less then four hours (the UK Top 40 show on
BFBS radio)

The 030517 firmware result displays this:
"842kBit avg (id3v2)" - total time 41:25. Forwarding beyond that point is not possible.

At the same time I recorded the show with an older daily firmware
from 030315.
This recording when copied to the "new" jukebox displays a total time of 177:12
and "192kBit (no id3)". I can forward to the end - almost. It continues to play one more
second before the next file plays.