Subject: Re: Long Recordings
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2003-05-20

Chris Holt wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea of the minimum amount of time it would take to
> close out one recording and start another? I'm just curious if it would
> be some sort of acceptable amount of time or if we would risk having many
> seconds of gaps at each "track change".

Technically, we can start a new one without losing a single frame. It's
just a matter of careful coding. It's not acceptable to me to lose any
recorded data while recording. When we implement timed recordings, a
next-file button and new-file-on-silence features, I won't settle for
anything less than frame-accurate file switches.