Subject: RE: Long Recordings
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-05-20

On Tue, 20 May 2003 00:08:23 +0100, Blue Chip wrote:
>At 18:52 19/05/03 -0400, you wrote:

>>Does anyone have an idea of the minimum amount of time it would take to
>>close out one recording and start another? I'm just curious if it
>>would be some sort of acceptable amount of time or if we would risk
>>having many seconds of gaps at each "track change".
>>
>>Chris
>
>surely you have a 30 second buffer to play around with?

Well, apparently it can be done without ANY frame loss. My reasoning was
based on all the spinning that occurs after recording is stopped
manually. I don't really know a whole lot about the inner workings of
Archos players and Rockbox. But now that you say it, it makes sense.

Chris
Great on theory, poor in application. :)