Subject: RE: Survey for Rockbox in Flash, please participate
From: idc-dragon_at_gmx.de
Date: 2003-05-20

> >From what you have said. I really don't see the point in this? Just to
> make it load faster? What other advantages does it have?

Yes, just loading it way faster is the main idea.
And there is a lot of empty space, the Archos firmware is not that big. The
FM recorder has 100kB left, the other models even more. We could use a tiny
part to save the settings, so that we won't have to spin up the disk. Or the
parts of Rockbox that don't vary could be "sourced out" to ROM.

Jörg