Subject: Re: Length of Players' strings in language files
From: Jean Boullier (jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr)
Date: 2003-05-20

Kjell Ericson wrote:

>>and then refuse to load the "wrong" kind in the software.
>>

>That could be nice. But the language files are downloadable with the
>executable file, so unless you really take the wrong version you won't get
>any problem.
>
>Is anyone downloading the language files separatly from the webpage without
>the code?

Except "general customers" who download only "official" release packages
all other users do it! Next question is "Is there any general customer
around ?" 8-)

For example, if I remember well, the "official release 2.0 package" did
not work for French player users : a bug was striking if there were
player-specific strings longer than 11 characters, and unfortunately
there were still a few in the French language file at this time.

Since then there have been at least two upgraded english.lang files and
if one wants to use a recent daily build one has to separately download
a language file at the same level.

Cheers. Jean.