Subject: Re: remote control problem
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-05-20

Ingo Korb wrote:
> I think the "use remote while keys are locked"-patch that was checked in
> 2003-04-23 is completely broken.

You're right. I fixed the foundation code but forgot about little details like using it... :-)

> I think it would be best to modify button_get so the returned keycodes
> are always the same for both keypad and remote (as before) so one
> doesn't have to change every single app

I disagree, for several reasons:

1) The remote is not like the keypad. It doesn't have the same buttons.

2) We must separate keypad events from remote events to support proper keylock.

3) The remote is not used in many places. Adding a simple case to the places it is used in is not a big problem.

> BTW, why is the lastbutton-variable in the STOP case only checked on
> players?

Because only players have a stop button...

> Q&D-Fix for wps.c against the current CVS:

I've checked in another fix so the remote control works again now. I'll fix the keylock issue too.

--
Björn